Sunday, October 5, 2008

Getting Settled in Costa Rica


This is a picture of the school from the Administration building.
Well it's been a little over two weeks since we left Maine and already we are settling in! The past two weeks Bob has been busy at school with lots of varied tasks which he loves. He has been working between the language institute for adults and the school for the children. One of his pleasures in getting to know the Costa Rican workers, although his Spanish is still rough it makes for some fun conversations.
I have been busy with lots of little helps, like staying with an elderly couple for two days because their house helper was sick. It was a fun way for me to get back into using my Spanish because the gentleman was deaf so never really knew what I said anyways and his wife is a real dear who had lots of great God stories to share with me. They are such a wonderful example of God's love to me. I just love their joy in life. Their daughter works at he Spanish Institute with Bob.
I have started back again in the prison and the girls continue to bless me with their desire to seek God in a less than wonderful place to live! One of them has such a wonderful smile now. I pray that God will maintain their faith as the time gets long in prison and then when they get out. Thanks for joining me in praying for them! I will also be starting my work in the slum this week. I will start by working in the soup kitchen for children with some of the moms, trying to build friendships with them. James and Kimberly are from Linda Vista a small community in the mountains. Their family has been friends of ours for several years now, since our short term trips here. This is a picture if them writing back to their pen-pals they they now have in Maine. They were so excited to get the letters and James kept a tight hold on his pen-pals picture as they do not get pictures taken often, it was so special for him to have a picture of his new friend.
Bob showing Orlando and the kids where we live using Google Earth.I just couldn't resit putting this picture in because it really says it all as far as how they take care of the 'pot holes' around here! I even sow one that had been there so long it was now growing a healthy lawn!

No comments: